VCash is a prepaid debit account on your VCard which has applications both on and off campus. VCash is separate and distinct from meal plan.
VCash can be used both at the on-campus resources listed below, and off campus.
Places to use your VCard on campus
- Athletic and Fitness Center
- College Store
- Computer Store
- All campus dining
- Library materials checkout
- Laundry machines in residence halls and Terrace Apartments (VCash is necessary to operate these machines).
- Copy machines in the college center and the library. These are located in the library and the College Center. Copies cost $0.10 each.
- Matthew's Bean Cafe, in the library
VCash is also accepted off campus by certain merchants.
How do I deposit funds?
Funds may be deposited to your VCard using any of the following methods:
- Online, using VISA, MasterCard or American Express. A minimum deposit of $10 is required.
- Cashier’s Office - deposits may be made via cash or check. A minimum deposit of $10 is required. Check the Student and Employee Accounts website for office hours (http://studentaccounts.vassar.edu/cashier-office).
- Charge home - a charge to your student account can be made in the Card Office located in the Computer center. Hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 4:30pm. The minimum charge is $50 with a maximum charge of $600 per semester. This option is available at the beginning of each semester as outlined below:
- Fall Semester - August 15 through September 30
- Spring Semester - January 15 through February 28
How much should I initially deposit?
Here's a quick calculation of what might be the best amount to start off your VCash account with:
|Off Campus (cafés and such)||$120|
|Total recommended deposit:||$200|
- The VCash account is available to every member of the Vassar community: students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- The VCash account remains active for the duration of a student's academic career.
- All funds stay in your account until it is closed upon graduation or when a student withdraws from the college. If an account is greater than $5.00 the balance will be refunded.