VCash is a prepaid debit account on your VCard which has applications both on and off campus. VCash is separate and distinct from meal plan.
VCash can be used both at the on-campus resources listed below, and off campus.
Places to use your VCard on campus
- Athletic and Fitness Center
- College Store
- Computer Store
- All campus dining
- Library materials checkout
- Laundry machines in residence halls and Terrace Apartments (VCash is necessary to operate these machines).
- Copy machines in the college center and the library. These are located in the library and the College Center. Copies cost $0.10 each.
- Matthew's Bean Cafe, in the library
VCash is also accepted off campus by certain merchants.
How do I deposit funds?
Funds may be deposited to your VCard account in three ways:
- Online, using VISA, MasterCard or American Express.
- By a charge that can be made in the Card Office located in the Computer center. The charge is billed home.
How much should I initially deposit?
Here's a quick calculation of what might be the best amount to start off your VCash account with:
|Off Campus (cafés and such)||$120|
|Total recommended deposit:||$200|
- The VCash account is available to every member of the Vassar community: students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- The VCash account remains active for the duration of a student's academic career.
- All funds stay in your account until it is closed upon graduation or when a student withdraws from the college. If an account is greater than $5.00 the balance will be refunded.