Frequently Asked Questions

Don't see your question here?  Contact us and ask!

Exactly where is the Card Office?

The Card Office has changed and now is part of Computing and Information Services. Stop by the Card Office in the Computer Center.

↑ top

How do I obtain my Vassar VCard?

If you are a new student, you will receive your VCard during orientation week. Otherwise, stop by the Card Office in the Computer Center or give us a call at #3333.

↑ top

I can't access my online account. What should I do?

Come see us or give us a call at 845-451-3333 (x3333 from a campus phone).

↑ top

What should I do if I lose my card?

You may deactivate your card at the Online Card Office. You may also stop by the CIS Help Desk or call us at 845-451-3333 (x3333 from a campus phone). If you lose your ID card after hours, please contact the Campus Response Center at #5221. The Sergeant on duty has the ability to issue a temporary card to use. 

Note: A fee of $25.00 is levied to replace lost, stolen and for replacement ID cards that are damaged by negligence.

↑ top

What types of accounts are associated with my VCard?

Dining Bucks, Additional Bucks, VCash and VPrint

“Dining Bucks” are the tax exempt dollars associated with your meal plan. You can only use Dining Bucks at the dining halls on campus and can only check the balance of Dining Bucks at the registers in the Dining Halls and not on the VCash website.

“Additional Dining Bucks” are also tax exempt dollars for use at the campus dining halls, but unlike Dining Bucks, you can add funds to this account and check your balance at the web site. You can also check your Additional Dining Buck balance at the registers.

“VCash” funds are taxable dollars that can be used all over campus, including the dining halls, the Kiosk, the Computer Store, the Bookstore, vending machines and at many off-campus merchants. You can add money to your VCash account and check the balance by logging on to your account here You can also check your VCash balances at the Dining Hall registers.

“VPrint” is a quota that is given to each student and can be used for printing and copying 8.5 x 11 black/white or color only. You cannot use your quota for any other specialized printing. Your quota is for your personal use and is not transferable. It may not be sold, used for commercial purposes or used to print other people’s work.

↑ top